Saturday, April 18, 2009

Expandable banners: are they effective/do they just annoy people?

Can anyone who works in marketing or advertising tell me if expandable banners really work? In my mind they%26#039;re a step backwards towards pop-ups.





If you%26#039;re not in marketing or advertising can you tell me what you think of expandable banners. Have you ever clicked on one? Does it bug you when you roll over a banner and it expands over other content on the page?
Expandable banners: are they effective/do they just annoy people?
They force people to look at their advertisements. The important thing about advertising is to get the word out.





I%26#039;ve clicked on one by accident and it always angers me. Hate it when it gets on the front page I%26#039;m looking at and I activate the one on the back page
Expandable banners: are they effective/do they just annoy people?
I despise the damn things. I hate it when it I open it accidentally. Who invented those things anyway?
Reply:Sorry I use the free adblocker from:





http://adblockplus.org/en/





on Firefox and I can%26#039;t see practically any ads. Until IE starts allowing third party programs to run it%26#039;s just not my first choice of browsers.





If you haven%26#039;t moved to Firefox you should. It%26#039;s 100% compatible with Vista and far more configurable. Besides being free. You can have as many browsers loaded on your machine as you want.





I use IE only to DL updates to windows and check websites I develop.


No comments:

Post a Comment