Monday, April 20, 2009

How Do I...?

How do I get an ad in my local paper and how much does it cost? My site www.freewebs.com/animalfriends101 is a site for my animal business. Not popular so I want to put it in the paper. Can someone tell me how and how much it might cost?
How Do I...?
Whichever local paper you want the ad to appear in, you%26#039;ll have to contact the newspapers advertising department and find out the rate. The newspaper department is the only one who can tell you the cost.
How Do I...?
The cost of the ad will depend on which paper you chose and what type of ad you place (how many lines, color photo, etc). Before you place an ad in the paper, you may want to consider registering a domain name that is easier to remember and having it forwarded to your existing site.





check to see if www.animalfriends101.com is still available by visiting http://www.boyblu.net.





You can get your domain name and free forwarding for less than $10. Before you spend money on an ad, make sure you%26#039;ve done all that you can to make it generate business for you.





Good luck!!!
Reply:Hi,





There are many ways to market a small business on the web. You can buy banner ads, text links, or use PPC. However, the best way is to get listed in a bunch of portals. Portals and directories are like phone books, and they often provide a lot of traffic because they tend to rank high on Google.





This portal is giving away a free business card holder for lising your business (I got mine a few days ago in the mail). If you want to know about some other portals, just let me know.








http://www.exclusive-directory-biz-cards...





Best of Luck


No comments:

Post a Comment