Monday, April 20, 2009

Im in high school & Im interested in business(marketing and advertising) and I posted a couple of questions...

*If i go to business school majoring in marketing what degree would I get?


*If I go for marketing will I be expected to perform all of the duties under it such as advertisment, research, ect. or would the company that I would be working with have people who specialize in those areas be doing that?


*If I major in marketing would I have to settle on advertising, research, or some other sub branch underneath marketing or can I study marketing in all general areas?


*I want to do marketing but I want to eventually become head of marketing discussions and the team%26#039;s productivity, is it possible or would i need a degree in business administration, b/c in the beginning of my career I dont mind being a team player and following someone else%26#039;s directions but when I get enough experience I want to start calling the shots..you know.


*Also what is the average cost for business school?


*And what are the working conditions for a beginner and throughout,is it hectic, filled with pressure?
Im in high school %26amp; Im interested in business(marketing and advertising) and I posted a couple of questions...
So many questions, so little time.





If I was you, I%26#039;d look into visiting a large company or an advertising agency and ask if you can spend a day there to learn the lay of the land. I%26#039;m sure you could find a company or two in your area that would be happy to accommodate you - especially if you had an instructor help set this up for you.





Most Marketing majors leave college with either a Bachelors of Arts of a Bachelors of Science degree.





The field of Marketing includes a number of disciplines, including Advertising, Sales, Promotion, Market Research, eCommerce, Public Relations, and Event Planning. And, yes, most larger companies and/or advertising agencies have people who specialize in each of these areas. Within these separate disciplines there are a number of job titles and descriptions such as Account Supervisor, Account Manager, Creative Director, Media Planner, Copy writer, etc.





Sometime before you graduate college, I would advise you to take an internship, during which time you can learn more about the individual roles within a marketing department.





Costs to attend business school vary with the name of the school, your in-state residency status, and other factors.





Finally, Marketing and Advertising can be very hectic and pressure packed, and it%26#039;s never the same day twice. Still, I%26#039;ve found it to be a very rewarding career. If you have the aptitude for it, it can be very exciting.


1 comment: